Grant Guidelines and Application Questions
The Wapello County Foundation supports organizations that enhance the quality of life and community development in Wapello County.
- Projects which enhance or improve the quality of life for residents of Wapello County
- Public projects for community good
- Educational efforts
- Facilities for recreation
- Scientific research
- Care for needy individuals as recommended by existing agencies
- Medical care and treatment
- Normal ongoing or operating expenses
- Religious activities or expenses
- Applications from individuals
- Political activities
- Fundraising events and activities
- Re-granting funds to other non-profits
- Projects outside of Wapello County
The Foundation accepts applications from IRS 501 (c) (3) approved non-profit organizations and governmental entities serving the citizens of Wapello County.
Duration of Grant:
The Foundation does not discriminate and encourages organizations only to apply that do not discriminate in their employment practices, volunteer opportunities, or delivery of programs and services on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Copy of IRS nonprofit letter of determination for the organization or fiscal sponsor
- Endorsement of project by governing body of organization (if applicable)
- Project Budget
- REQUIRED organization financial statements
Required organization financial statements:
- The most recent balance sheet and profit/loss statement
The Statement of Financial Position (sometimes called the balance sheet) is a financial statement that reports the assets, liabilities, and equity of the organization on a given date.
The Statement of Activities (sometimes called the income statement, the profit and loss statement, or the income and expenses statement) summarizes the revenues, costs, and expenses incurred by the organization during a specific period of time.
If your organization does not have any of the above, please contact South Ottumwa Savings Bank for next steps.
(Governmental applicants should use department budget.)
South Ottumwa Savings Bank
The Wapello County Foundation has been a tremendous help to the City of Ottumwa in the past 10 years. I have found the Wapello County Foundation very generous and easy to work with. I hope they can continue their good work for Ottumwa.Gene RathjeParks Director, City of Ottumwa
The Wapello County Foundation is a critical resource for the continued well-being of our local arts community. Its funding of projects and equipment for arts organizations has played a vital role in making the arts available to every single constituent of Wapello County.Dennis WillhoitExecutive Director, Southeast Iowa Symphony Orchestra
Funds from the Wapello County Foundation have made a significant impact on the learning environment in Ottumwa. In a community where many of our families are eligible for the federal free and reduced lunch program, these funds have a direct impact on participation in activities.Kim HelligeCommunity Programs, Ottumwa Schools
Main Street Ottumwa is thankful to have the support of the Wapello County Foundation. Their partnership allows MSO to better fulfill our mission by funding projects and programs which would not be possible without assistance. We, and other organizations in Wapello County, are fortunate to have the foundation to make our community a better place.Fred ZesigerExecutive Director, Main Street Ottumwa