Wapello County Foundation has assisted in the following Tenco projects in recent years:
- 2013 // Assistance in the purchase of a Wheelchair Accessible Van with a grant of $10,000, thus providing greater access to our community for those we serve who are mobility challenged.
- 2014 // Assistance in the construction of the Tenco Hydroponic Greenhouse with a grant of $25,000, providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities as well as an abundant source of pesticide-free locally grown vegetables for residents.
- 2016 // Assistance in the purchase of a tractor and farm implements to assist in growing season crops on the land adjacent to the Tenco Hydroponic Greenhouse with a grant of $12,500.
- 2017 // Assistance in the purchase of a used van to upgrade our local Vehicle Fleet with a grant of $10,000 providing reliable transportation for Tenco clients to employment, medical appointments, shopping, and community activities.
- 2018 // Assistance in the developing the first ever state-certified Adult Day Care Program for people with disabilities in Wapello Count with a grant of $12,500 in conjunction with the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation. There is a desperate need for such a program in our county, both in terms of adults in need of this service and their families/guardians.